Last year I had the pleasure to attend the inaugural 2008 European Winebloggers Conference in Rioja. I had a fantastic time, met some great people and got to drink lots of quality Rioja, among other wines. I mean, that is my kind of conference! The purpose of the conference is to help all us on-liners meet in real life, exchange ideas and hopefully come away with plenty to think about in utilizing social media. It’s great when you get the chance to meet the people you twitter with, blog with or about or just read their posts online.
I’m sooo looking forward to this year’s conference in Portugal. The same folks who organized last year’s EWBC, Ryan and Gabriella Opaz (Catavino), and Robert MacIntosh (Wine Conversation) have teamed up with Viniportugal, the premier sponsor, to bring us winebloggers an event to remember. The weekend kicks off on Thursday,Oct 29th with a pre-conference EWBC gathering at the Cortes de Cima winery, which promises to be a great day out before heading back to Lisbon for the conference proper.
Tickets for the event are 95 euros for bloggers and 195 euros for non-bloggers and industry types. What does your ticket include?
- Discount on a hotel room (which includes breakfast) at the VIP Grand Lisboa – location of the EWBC
- 2 sponsored lunches
- 2 sponsored dinners
- 2 sponsored grand tastings
- A full day of winery visits in 1 of the 3 Portuguese wine regions: Setabul / Terras do Sado, Ribatejo or Alentejo
- A full day of sessions on everything from monetizing your blog to videoblogging 101
- Enormous amounts of networking opportunities
- A chance to taste wines from across Portugal
- An opportunity to attend the Douro Boys Press Junket trip to the Douro after the conference
- And much much more!
Hit up the official website for all the lastest info and watch this space for details on videoblogging 101, as yours truly, The Winesleuth will be participating as a panelist, stay tuned…
…And speaking of videos, check out a rerun from the London International Wine Fair ’09 when I chatted with Ryan, Gabriella and host of other winebloggers visiting the EWBC stand. See you in Lisbon!!!